The Coordinator is responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, and maintaining all aspects of the data collection, extraction and transformation, in support of KI’s mission and strategic objectives. The Coordinator works to empower data-driven decisions, including daily choices and long-term decisions, by providing accurate, timely, and accessible data and assisting teams to derive insights from the data. S/He also ensures KI is in compliance with external data requests.
Under the supervision of the Director of IT, the Coordinator must, in particular:
- Articulate a vision for data systems at KI with the aim of seamlessly supporting Nunavik students from kindergarten through post-secondary education and employment;
- Design a roadmap of how to accomplish this vision;
- Build relationships with management and staff of all departments in order to understand and assess organisational processes and the data systems currently in place;
- Where software is not yet implemented, evaluate software options based on organisational needs, cost, adaptability, etc.;
- Where software is already in place, coordinate design and deployment of enhancements with staff and vendors.
- Foster collaboration between departments by linking existing data systems together (ex. HR Recruiting and Post-Secondary) and creating new platforms for employee communication (ex. intranet);
- In collaboration with department heads and the strategic plan coordinator, develop data measurements for KI’s strategic plan;
- Effectively communicate results of data analysis in presentations to the Council of Commissioners as well as management and staff;
- Maintain and improve the data analytics infrastructure, automating data gathering from various sources (Charlemagne, Dash, Salesforce, HR, Transport, etc);
- Provide data and analysis for ad-hoc requests (ex. the possible impact of math tutoring on math marks); find ways to automate repeated requests.