COOK CLASS II
COOK CLASS II
POST-SECONDARY STUDENT SERVICES
LAVAL – 1600 DU SOUVENIR
SEASONAL PART-TIME FROM AUGUST TO MAY
10 MONTHS CONTRACT
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
Under the authority of the Assistant Director of Post-Secondary Services, the cook class II assumes responsibility of the management of residence’s kitchen.
In addition to preparing and cooking food for the personnel and students staying at the residence, this position includes:
- Managing the kitchen in terms of budget, prices and supplies;
- Preparing balanced menus according to nutrition standards;
- Controlling distribution of the food;
- Maintaining a perpetual inventory of supplies and food stocks;
- Ensuring the rational use and rotation of food stocks in order to avoid a too frequent repetition of the same meals;
- Assure cargo reception and follow up of inventory;
- Inspect and store delivered merchandise and maintain the work area and food stored;
- Ensure the menu incorporates foods relevant to the culture of the students (country foods);
- Any other relevant duty as determined by his/her supervisor.
- Vocational diploma in professional cooking or a diploma or attestation of studies which is recognized as equivalent by the competent authority
- MAPAQ certification.
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the afore-mentioned qualifications if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement (JBNQA) and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board.
- Must be fluent in at least two (2) of the three (3) working languages of the Board (Inuktitut, French, English).
- Two years of pertinent experience
- Knowledge of word processing and spread sheets.
- Knowledge of country foods is a definite asset.
WORK SCHEDULE: :
- Approximate work schedule is 23 hours per week; Monday, Wednesday and Fridays from 9am to 5:45 pm
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
- $24.76 an hour, in accordance with the AENQ collective agreement for support staff.
In addition to salary, you may be eligible to other benefits such as:
- 2 weeks of vacation during Holiday season.
and, when applicable, other benefits such as:
- Northern allowance
- Social trips
- Food cargo
All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS: 4:00 pm, August 11th, 2020
(Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.)