DATA SYSTEMS COORDINATOR (INTERNAL POSTING)
DATA SYSTEMS COORDINATOR (INTERNAL POSTING)
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT)
FULL-TIME REGULAR POSITION
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
The Coordinator is responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, and maintaining all aspects of the data collection, extraction and transformation, in support of KI’s mission and strategic objectives. The Coordinator works to empower data-driven decisions, including daily choices and long-term decisions, by providing accurate, timely, and accessible data and assisting teams to derive insights from the data. S/He also ensures KI is in compliance with external data requests.
Under the supervision of the Director of IT, the Coordinator must, in particular:
- Articulate a vision for data systems at KI with the aim of seamlessly supporting Nunavik students from kindergarten through post-secondary education and employment;
- Design a roadmap of how to accomplish this vision;
- Build relationships with management and staff of all departments in order to understand and assess organisational processes and the data systems currently in place;
- Where software is not yet implemented, evaluate software options based on organisational needs, cost, adaptability, etc.;
- Where software is already in place, coordinate design and deployment of enhancements with staff and vendors.
- Foster collaboration between departments by linking existing data systems together (ex. HR Recruiting and Post-Secondary) and creating new platforms for employee communication (ex. intranet);
- In collaboration with department heads and the strategic plan coordinator, develop data measurements for KI’s strategic plan;
- Effectively communicate results of data analysis in presentations to the Council of Commissioners as well as management and staff;
- Maintain and improve the data analytics infrastructure, automating data gathering from various sources (Charlemagne, Dash, Salesforce, HR, Transport, etc);
- Provide data and analysis for ad-hoc requests (ex. the possible impact of math tutoring on math marks); find ways to automate repeated requests.
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant field certifying a minimum three-year university program or hold a senior or manager position;
- Five (5) years of relevant experience.
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the afore-mentioned qualifications if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement (JBNQA) and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board.
- Fluency in two of the three official languages of the school board (Inuktitut, English and French);
- Strong communication and decision-making skills.
- Capacity to translate organisational processes into technical requirements.
- Ability to work well with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Aptitude for working in a cross-cultural, multilingual environment.
- Familiarity with the application development lifecycle.
- Working knowledge of SQL, Microsoft PowerBI and Python. Knowledge of R or other statistical package an asset.
- Excellent proven skills in data mapping, developing data warehouse and developing data dashboards;
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with demonstrated ability converting raw data into meaningful analyses and recommendations;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders, including executives, school administrators, teachers and external funders;
- Ability to manage multiply critical deadlines;
- Passion for problem solving, data analysis, and data systems;
- Responsible, open-minded, prioritizes the full participation of Inuit staff members in directing change;
- Must be able to travel throughout Nunavik, when required;
- Northern experience would be an asset.
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
Class 7* as per the working conditions of KI managers/ from 79 447 $ to 105 927 $ annually depending on qualifications and experience.
In addition to salary, you may be eligible to other benefits such as:
- 25 days of annual vacation
- Up to 10 recuperation days
- 2 weeks of vacation during Holiday season
and, when applicable, other benefits such as:
- Summer schedule
- Northern allowance
- Social trips
- Food cargo
All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS: 4:00 pm, February 25, 2020
(Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.)