COORDINATOR (NUNAVIK SIVUNITSAVUT) – INTERNAL POSTING
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
COORDINATOR (NUNAVIK SIVUNITSAVUT) – TEMPORARY 12 MONTHS
POST-SECONDARY STUDENT SERVICES
FULL-TIME TEMPORARY POSITION (12 months with possibility of extension)
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
The position of Coordinator entails the performance of all the duties required for the coordination, supervision, evaluation, research and development of the Nunavik Sivunitsavut program, including measurement and evaluation, teaching means, human, financial and material resources management. In general, this position included the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate and assess the implementation of the Nunavik Sivunitsavut Programs;
- Consistent with the goals and objectives of the Kativik Ilisarniliriniq and the Nunavik Sivunitsavut Advisory Committee, coordinate the development the French Nunavik Sivunitsavut program;
- Participate in the recruitment and hiring of professionals and support staff;
- Coordinate the activities required for forwarding marks to John Abbott College and other partners;
- Research opportunities for the accreditation of non-credited courses and the expansion of the project;
- Research and development of possible governance models for Nunavik Sivunitsavut;
- Liaison with partner organizations, John Abbott College, the Ministry of Education and Higher Education of Quebec (MEES), Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC), Nunavut Sivunitsavut, and other relevant organizations;
- Supervise and evaluate staff under his or her responsibility;
- Oversight of the relocation of Nunavik Sivunitsavut.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field of study certifying a minimum three-year university program or hold or senior executive staff position. A Master’s degree is an asset;
- Five (5) years of relevant experience.
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the above-mentioned qualifications if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement (JBNQA) and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board.
- Written and oral fluency in two of the three (3) languages of the Board (Inuktitut, French, English);
- Extensive knowledge of post-secondary education;
- Extensive knowledge of Indigenous education;
- Strong communication skills, ability to lead and motivate teams;
- Experience dealing with external institutions such as government agencies;
- Ability to travel to Nunavik occasionally.
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
Class 7* as per the working conditions of KI’s managers: from $79,447 à $105,927 annually depending on qualifications and experience. In addition to salary, you may be eligible to other benefits such as:
- 30 days of annual vacation
- Up to 10 recuperation days
- 2 weeks of vacation during Holiday season
- Summer schedule
All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS: 4:00 pm, August 3rd, 2020
(Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.)