NUNAVIK COMMUNITY TO BE DETERMINED
FULL-TIME REPLACEMENT POSITION
FROM AUGUST 2020 TO MARCH 2022 OR AT THE RETURN OF THE INCUMBENT OF THE POSITION
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
This person will be under the supervision of the Coordinator of the Compassionate Schools Services and be responsible for:
- Supporting schools in the implementation of the Compassionate Schools approach (trauma informed practices in schools/ PBIS);
- Supporting teachers and school staff in classroom and behavioural management to ensure school wide consistency to the approach;
- Preparing, presenting and participating in workshops that are relevant to this topic;
- Mentoring team leaders and internal coaches on school teams;
- Must be able to travel frequently throughout Nunavik;
- Any other related tasks as determined by his/her supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree in Education or similar field;
A minimum of two (2) years of experience in teaching.
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the afore-mentioned qualifications if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement (JBNQA) and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board.
- Fluency in two (2) of the following languages: Inuktitut, French, English;
- Work within Kativik Ilisarniliriniq would be a definite asset;
- Experience in working with students with challenging behaviours;
- Good classroom management skills, knowledge of trauma informed practices and experience using reflective teaching practices;
- Knowledge of Positive Behavioural Interventions and Supports (PBIS);
- Meeting facilitation skills and experience leading a group discussion;
- Responsible, open-minded, and aware of Inuit culture/ history;
- Strong work ethic and effective problem solving skills
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
In accordance with the SPPOM collective agreement for professionals / From $46,114 to $82,585 annually depending on qualification and experience.
In addition to salary, you may be eligible to other benefits such as:
- 20 days of annual vacation
- 2 weeks of vacation during Holiday season
and, when applicable, other benefits such as:
- Summer schedule
- Northern allowance
- Social trips
- Food cargo
All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS: 4:00 pm, June 11, 2020
(Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.)