REGULAR FULL-TIME POSITION
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq is a school board offering educational services in the 14 communities of Nunavik.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Material Resources, the Transport Manager is responsible for the management of the technical and administrative activities relating to sealift operations, transportation of cargo, printing production of school materials, and warehouse operations.
In general, this position includes the following responsibilities:
- Manage all activities relating to annual sealift operations;
- Oversee the work of warehouse personnel: including warehouse operations, printing, and travel & cargo benefits;
- Manage the purchase and maintenance of KI vehicles; this involves traveling to the communities;
- Administer the Transport annual budget;
- Liaise with transportation, shipping, moving and storage companies and administer related contracts;
- Participate in issuance of requests for quotes for services;
- Participate in staffing positions and selecting staff;
- Participate in the development of annual objectives, and updating rules and procedures;
- Manage customer relations and resolve complaints.
Diploma of college studies in a relevant field of study and six (6) years of relevant experience; or Secondary V diploma in a relevant field of study or valid certificate of qualification for the practice of a trade relevant to the position and ten (10) years of relevant experience.
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the afore-mentioned qualifications if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement (JBNQA) and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board.
- Fluency in at least two (2) of the three (3) working languages of the School Board (Inuktitut, French and English);
- Experience in either transportation of goods or operation of a print shop is a must;
- Demonstrated leadership skills and prior manager experience of unionized employees;
- Independence, excellent organizational skills, time management, and ability to work on several tasks in parallel;
- Knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Knowledge of the North and of Inuit culture is an asset.
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
Class 6 as per the working conditions of KI managers: from $74,250 to $98,997 annually depending on qualifications and experience.
In addition to salary, you may be eligible to other benefits such as:
- 25 days of annual vacation
- Up to 10 recuperation days
- 2 weeks of vacation during Holiday season
and, when applicable, other benefits such as:
- Summer schedule
- Northern allowance
- Social trips
- Food cargo
All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS: 4:00 pm, February 26, 2020
(Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.)